Translate

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Fit for Parenthood??

When you work in a pharmacy you get all kinds of questions related to illnesses and aches and pains.  Yesterday was a first for me as this mother did not have a clue of what to do.

"My child has the Whooping cough and I would like to get them injected for this."  
1. The vaccine is a preventative and not a cure.
2. Your child is only 5 years old and we can only inject children seven and older.

"What do I do for this persistent cough?"
1. Have you contacted the child's physician?

No, I thought I could treat it myself.
1. You had better contact the physician as Whooping cough is nothing to play around with!

I did not want to pay for another doctor's visit.
1. Well, if you want your child to improve and they truly have whooping cough, it is a small investment for a better future for your child.

Why is it that some people don't have a clue!  With all the resources available today via the internet, smart phones, etc. some people remain clueless.  I don't know.  It is like they want others to think for them.  This is a cruel world and everyone needs to think for themselves!!

No comments:

Post a Comment