Translate

Friday, August 17, 2012

Stupid is as stupid does!

It had to happen.  Yes, it happened to me.  I just knew my wife would be all over me worse than a cheap suit.  She was but I wish she had questioned me earlier.

Since we flew home from Orlando, changed flights in Atlanta, fell asleep on the flight to Roanoke, was disorganized upon landing and it happened.

We disembarked from the plane, I went to the parking lot to get the car while she retrieved  the check bag.  She met me at the curb and then she suggested we stop for lunch.

After eating lunch we drove home arriving about 1:50 p.m. and upon taking the bags from the car I realized what had happened.

I had left the IPAD in the seat back pocket of the plane in Roanoke.  In a hurried pace I called the airport.  They suggested I call the mother airline, which was Delta.  I did, but they told me to fill out the online form for a lost item.  I recalled the local airport and was connected to lost and found.  I was told that they only take care of things lost within the airport for me to contact the airline.

Oh what a viscous circle I was in.  I recalled Lost and Found at the local airport and got the answering machine.  I left my home number with what I had done and for them to please call me.  About an hour later I received a call from a different officer at Lost and Found.  He said my best option was to call the ticket counter and he gave me the number.  Oh thank goodness someone was actually helping.  I called the ticket counter and was connected to the supervisor but again got voice mail.  Again I left my number and what I had left on the plane.

In the meantime I jump on the computer and accessed ICLOUD to see if I could tell if the IPAD was in Roanoke or Atlanta.  Not having a data plan for the IPAD I could not tell where it was.  My only option was for ICLOUD to send me an email when the computer accessed the internet.  Better than nothing.  Once I got the email then I could scrub the files via ICLOUD.

At 4:10 p.m. I received the call I had been waiting for.  A gentleman at the  local airline was telling me that I had left an Apple electronic item on the plane.  He told me it was going to be turned over to the supervisor and I could pick up at my leisure.  Leisure nothing, I will be there in thirty minutes.
It is good when it all works out.  The cleaning crew found it in the seat back pocket, gave it to the pilot who in turn found my phone number from my frequent flier number with the airline.  He turned it over to the gate agent who gave me a call.

There are still GOOD people in the world!!!   I could sleep good now.


No comments:

Post a Comment