Translate

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Technology and Dumb People

Technology is suppose to make our lives easier to live and help with communicating, among other things.  What happens when this technology is in the hands of a not so smart person.

Case in point.

I received a call from a patient, that uses the pharmacy I work in, to check what contact phone number we had on file for him.  I told him the number and he told to please change it to his cell phone number.  I entered the number in the computer.  Since this was a cell number I then asked him if he wanted to receive a text message every time he had a prescription filled.  OK that would be fine.  I explained that he would get an initial message that he would have to accept in order to continue to get text messages.  He agreed and he hung up.

About five minutes later I received a call from the same man asking if we had called his cell phone.  No, I stated, but you should have received an initial text from the company to accept.  Oh, I didn't know that was what that was I thought you had called me.

DUH!! 

One thing about it, technology sure does not make some people smarter!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment