Translate

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Deer Everywhere

I don't know about the rest of the country, but here in Virginia deer are everywhere.  You can't drive down any road that you don't see a deer either off the side of the road or in the distance in a field.  Anymore, you are always seeing road kill of deer lying along the road.

It use to be that you hardly saw any deer.  I guess the state wildlife management of the herd has been successful.  Now the deer are not even afraid of you and will be in your yard eating all the plants.


This buck, was just 10 feet off of my deck in the back of the house.  He just stood there and looked at me while I snapped his picture.  I guess if he did not get a whiff of my scent he could care less.





Even the doe's leave their fawns lying in the woods off the back deck.  I guess I need to get a dog to keep them away. 

1 comment:

  1. Just make sure the dog is bigger than Madison otherwise mama will chase the dog

    ReplyDelete