Translate

Saturday, May 26, 2012

It's a bird, it's a plane....

Yesterday afternoon, after taking the recyclables to the collections center, I was on my way back to the house.  I happened to look to the horizon and saw this big monster moving slowly through the sky.  I drove to get closer to the thing and it keep circling around and around the Dublin area. 

Goodyear "Spirit of Akron"
I finally turned down a street to get a better view and there it was, just overhead.  I had seen the blimp about four years ago when the local Goodyear dealer, Thompson Tire, was celebrating being in business for FIFTY years.

I could not figure out why it was in the area as the local news did not have anything on this blimp that evening.  The website for the Goodyear Blimp listed the schedule for the massive airship and it was scheduled to be in the Charlotte area for the NASCAR events this weekend. 

It was kinda nice to be able to get a closer look at the thing.  Maybe I will have to add a ride on the blimp to my BUCKET LIST!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment