Translate

Sunday, May 13, 2012

"Before I Die"

My youngest daughter sent me a text the other day regarding "Before I Die" as how I would respond.  I have pondered this for a few days and have come to the realization, yes one day I will die and this would be my response.

The first thing I would do is tell my family how much I loved them over the years, even though I have not said it to them often enough.

How proud I am of my wife for always being there and backing me when I needed the backing.

How proud I have been of my daughters for what they have accomplished and success they have realized in their young careers and marriages.

Quit my job and spend time truly enjoying life with friends and family.

Then the bucket list would have to be attempted.  Try to visit the seven states that remain for me to complete my travel to all fifty states.

Drive one of those articulated Catepilar Dump Trucks.


Go to Argentina to learn to TANGO!

I am but a simple man so I don't long for much as I have enjoyed my life and the things I have seen and done.  Then I could sit down and plan the music for the memorial service.   


No comments:

Post a Comment