Translate

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

Oh no, it is that time of year when all men have to go out and buy either candy and a card, or flowers, candy and a card for their wives or partners.  Well, my wife does not like getting flowers, even though she works for a florist.  She said there is no sense spending money on something that is going to die and you have to throw out.  YES!! That is my kinda woman.

But I am not off of the hook.  She does expect the card and a box of candy.  Needless to say I did buy the card and candy.  The card is not one of those mush, mush cards.  Those sort of make me sick to my stomach.  I prefer those nice funny cards.  Those that make fun of me or my sick way of looking at things in this world.
No, the card does not contain what you may think.


What is it with this special day when women get all goo goo and some guys get like jello.  Is it that LOVE is in the air.  I could not tell you, but one has to play along or it will be a long long time before a decent meal is served in the house.  Women have a very good memory.  You forget this day and it is all over but the crying.

So men, relent and go buy that card, candy, or special gift!!

No comments:

Post a Comment