Translate

Monday, March 19, 2012

This is NO BULL



Man, how times have changed.  I was scrolling through The Daily and noticed this report of a young cattle rancher in Texas that got big money for his Grand Champion Steer.

It brought back memories of me when I was in high school.  I used to raise purebred beef heifers and show them for my project with the 4-H club in the county.  Although I did not sell my heifers as I kept them and then raised calves.  The calves were sold to finance my way through college. The price of beef was much lower then than now and there was not a shortage as is happening now.

You can see that this steer is well muscled and has good conformation, thereby bringing this youngster some record money.

How about $460,000!  Yes and that is NO BULL!

No comments:

Post a Comment