Translate

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Yes, There is Justice

While driving on the interstate Saturday evening, I was following a tractor trailer in the passing lane.  The speed limit in this section of road was 60 mph which I drive almost daily.  I was passing a slower moving vehicle when I noticed in my rear view mirror that another vehicle was approaching very rapidly.  Just after clearing the slower vehicle the fast approaching vehicle was now on my bumper.  I did not want to move over as there were merging lanes ahead of traffic approaching from the right.  The car following now rapidly moves to the right lane and disappears beside the semi.  Well, as would happen the faster vehicle was now behind another slower car.  It was an out of state vehicle driving a Lincoln SUV with very distinctive rear tail lights.

As the semi and I pass both the slower vehicle and the out of state driver, the out of state vehicle again gets on my bumper.  Just after passing this slower vehicle, again the driver behind me gets back into the driving lane and accelerates around me and the semi.  I was thinking, "just when you need a radar patrol there never is one."  But to my amazement there in the medium of the interstate a few hundred yards down the road was a state trooper running radar.  I noticed he turned his headlights on and was trying to get into the flow of traffic but was hampered due to the high volume of traffic.

I proceeded down the interstate in  the passing lane thinking that the trooper would never catch the speeding vehicle with all of this traffic.  I kept checking my rear view mirror and suddenly there appeared the state trooper behind me.  He was still not running his blue beacons but with the traffic lights behind him I could see his light bar on top of the car.  I moved over to allow him to pass and continued to watch the traffic ahead.  I could still see the out-of-state vehicle about 3/4 mile ahead of me due to the different tail lights.  The trooper was not running his blue lights but also had to weave in and out of traffic due to the high volume of traffic.  At this point both the speeder and the trooper were out of view.

As I topped the hill, lo and behold there was the trooper, blue lights flashing, and the speeder pulled over on the shoulder.  I was all smiles as justice had been done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment