Translate

Thursday, December 29, 2011

What, Christmas is OVER

No way, don't tell me that Christmas is over.  I missed the whole thing due to having to work the dabgum weekend.  All the hype and hoopla and now it is gone.

But wait, I do have memories, although brief, of the day.  I did have a great dinner on Christmas evening with my wife at a German restaurant.  The food was fantastic and we ended up bringing over half of our meals home.  Spent the evening with my wife and then it was off to bed because another of day of dreaded work lay ahead.

But Christmas past does bring back some memories.  When there was snow on the ground but the sun was shining.  My daughters dog was playing in the snow chasing her toy.



And the deer bedded down on the south side of the house in the wooded area trying to stay out of the wind.


But next year will be different.  I won't have to work and can relax and enjoy the whole day.  That is worth looking forward to next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment