Translate

Monday, March 25, 2013

Don't they think??

This past weekend at work was a bore.  Only a couple of idiots made it somewhat laughable.

Saturday afternoon a call comes in from this person that is on Suboxone.  Suboxone is used to treat addiction but the sad thing is, the person becomes addicted to Suboxone.  The medication is expensive and if insurance doesn't cover the drug, then the person will usually buy just a couple of days supply.

Well,  this girl had been given a new prescription for the drug on Friday.  Instead of coming to our pharmacy, she went to the local independent pharmacy.  She only got a couple of tablets filled on Friday.  She calls us Saturday afternoon checking to see if we could fill her prescription, which she got filled the previous day at the other pharmacy.  She did not think to get enough to get through the weekend and only purchased one days worth.  I told her that the local pharmacy closed at noon on Saturday and there was no way I could do anything without speaking directly to the other pharmacy. Her only option was to talk to her physician and explain her stupidity.  She evidently called the physician because we got a message from the physician to fill only 2 tablets.  Problem solved for now.

Late Sunday afternoon a couple comes to the consultation window.  The girl starts off by telling me her physician had told her she needed to buy Sudafed generic.  So my question to her was "Who is your doctor?"  She tells me the name of the doctor.  I had to laugh out loud and told her that doctor had left his practice in the town two years ago and moved to Canada. The guy with her walks away and disappears down one of the aisles. "But I need something because I am congested and drainage down my throat."  I suggested the Pseudoephedrine with the antihistamine, chlortrimeton.  I told her the antihistamine would help dry her mucus membranes and the Pseudoephedrine would help the congestion.  "O.K. I will take it."  I scanned her drivers license, she paid and walked away.

Within five minutes she reappears and said she did not get the right thing.  The pharmacy clerk told her we could not take it back, that all Pseudoephedrine sales were final.  "But I was buying this for me and my dad."  

BINGO!!  The guy that walked away wanted only the twelve hour medication and she was left to try to figure things out.  When I called her out on the doctor he got jumpy and left the scene.  Another meth maker thwarted!!  To make meth you have to have single ingredient Sudafed.

There is a saying that goes "DON"T TRY TO Bulls--- a Bullsh--er."

1 comment: