Translate

Monday, January 7, 2013

Relics from my past

Now that my wife and I have settled on a builder for our new house, it is time to go through boxes and cull items we truly don't need.  We have pulled from the storage area and have isolated the boxes that need another look.

The kitchen boxes are ones that I surely don't have to peek in as that is the area reserved for the wife.  I have three boxes labeled old VHS tapes, DVDs, and oh my gosh, cassette tapes.  

I was surprised to open one box and to my surprise I found old cassette tapes from my college days.  You know artists such as "The James Gang", "Three Dog Night", "Jim Croce", and "Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young".  Oh how the memories flooded from the deep recesses of the brain.  Oh, that was truly a different era.


Oh, and there were VHS tapes from my daughters early days, "Casper", "Bambi", "The Sword in the Stone".

Then there is a box of CD's.  Beatles, smooth jazz artists, and country music artists.

Now for the absolute surprise of all, a box of 45's.  No I don't mean handguns but vinyl records.
These are my wife's.  She has had these way before we were married some 35 years ago. 

The decision should be relatively easy.  Throw away the VHS, cassettes, and the 45's.  I can transfer the CD's to the computer and add to my music library.  I do have a VHS to DVD recorder so that is my plan.  Digitize the family VHS tapes and then ditch them. 

As for the 45's, I had better not throw them out or my wife will throw me out.  She is still waiting for that old juke box to load the records.  I don't think we need to spend over seven thousand dollars for a juke box storage for the old records.  I vote to put the money into the new house instead!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment