Translate

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Closing Time

Anyone with a job knows that the best part of the job is quitting time. Well, wouldn't you know it but five minutes before time to close the pharmacy window a woman comes up to buy a pack of antihistamines. It turns out she also wanted to get a refill on one of her husbands medications.

What is the medication you to need to refill, I asked.
I don't know what the name is but it is a big white tablet, she says.
Ma'am, I hate to tell you but there are a lot of big white tablets.
Oh, she says.
Can you tell me what he takes it for?
For his sugar, it has been really high the last few days.
Well, that helps, so he has been really sweet lately.
Well, not really cuz he can have a real bad temper.
No, that is not what I meant, but I think by looking over his med profile I know what he needs. He does not have any refills but I can give him a three day emergency supply.
Oh that would be nice.

Remember I said she wanted to buy a package of antihistamine tablets, well she whips out a hundred dollar. The manager had just changed out the cash drawer so that was what was exactly in the drawer. Luckily the manager took the woman to the office to give her change for the five dollar package of over the counter of meds.

Oh, by the way, it was now ten minutes after the posted closing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment