Translate

Friday, January 20, 2012

Starbucks and older people

While attending the Ruritan convention in Raleigh it was amusing visiting the Starbucks. The coffee shop was adjacent to the lobby of the Marriott, so quite a few convention attendees were there trying to figure out what to buy.

The age of the attendees to the convention are older and most are retired. That being the case, they don't have the lingo mastered. Standing in line to order, husbands and wives are discussing what to buy. All is good until it is time to place the order and then all goes south.

I want a small coffee. The barista yells out the order as a tall pike place and the customer says I wanted a small. That is our small, ma'am. Oh ok.

Not only do things back up at the order area but also at the table where the different creams are kept. You give too many choices to older people and it bogs down thought process. Do I want half & half, whole milk, are low-fat?

Well, I finally got my TALL cup of coffee, my half & half cream and have survived the morning. Now to see what happens the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment