Translate

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

St. George's Episcopal Church

I made my first trip to Fredericksburg, VA last weekend.  It is an old city north of Richmond, VA.  While there I was fortunate to take a walk around and into a rather old church in the Historic District of the city.

 Church was established in 1720.  Fifty-six years prior to the Declaration of Independence

 Inside the sanctuary.  Beautiful arches and stained glass windows.

Massive pipes for the organ

Pews that have doors, which I have seen at a church in Williamsburg

Stained glass window

It is truly amazing how large the interior of the church appeared.  To build a church that large many years ago  did take master craftsmen.  It is awe inspiring when you walk into the sanctuary of that church.  I am glad I took the time to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment